e move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders, EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovation in a digital print business.
EFI is looking for a Manager Mechanical Engineering to join our Inkjet Business Unit in our Almazora's offices in Spain.
- Manage, direct and design product platforms by first line management of an engineering team
- Be responsible for Design, Development, Cost management, and How to.
- Project management interaction with the teams and stakeholders from Electrical engineering, Software development and the Test team.
- Act as a liaison between the business, manufacturing requirements and technical requirements and Mechanical Engineering team output.
- Provide general leadership, guidance and direction to a team of mechanical engineers.
- Support the development of process and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Support the planning and co-ordination of all technical processes and project deliverables.
- Meet deadlines, schedules and commitments for assigned projects.
- Design and documentation for mechanical projects.
- System integration.
- Oversee technical execution of one or more projects.
- Work with team members to develop and delivery performance management objectives.
- Responsible for the first line management of team members, including all aspects of the employee life cycle i.e. recruitment, coaching and management.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
- Recommend and reinforce technical / operational direction.
- Leverage expert knowledge of technical processes and functions to support departmental effectiveness.
- Collaborate with supply chain department in order to cost reductions: looking for new materials, new providers and new workflows.
- Work closely with management throughout the division.
- Bachelor or Master level educational and work background in Mechanical Engineering, in particular material and machinery manufacturing.
- Proven track record of relevant experience within a mechanical R&D environment.
- Strong knowledge in make-to-order machines and lines design process.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Interpersonal management skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Hands on experience in key technical aspects of projects / products.
- Project management skills.
We move quickly, with the purposeful intention of solving a problem, accomplishing a goal, and ultimately making a difference for our customers, partners, colleagues, and shareholders. EFI SPRINTers take action and adapt to changes in order to transform our customers’ businesses to be more productive and profitable through innovative digital imaging technologies.