Summary of the role
The chief architect will anchor the technology and architecture function for the major BFS client(s) in Spain. In this role, the architect will work closely with our international teams and the client as part of a large and innovative core banking transformation program to start with.
In this capacity, the chief architect will work closely with various client stakeholders to ensure definition and realization of target state architecture of the strategic solutions and work with delivery organization to ensure best-in-class software product quality of the delivered projects within the engagement.
Being a domain intensive role, the chief architect will also be a leading participant in the functional architecture of the projects and strategic solution initiatives. On technology front, the architect will be expected to spearhead the technology design and decision making for all layers of the architecture.
Being a senior member of BFS TAO team in Europe, he will work closely with TAO Leadership to drive practice level initiatives in enterprise architecture, strategy, next generation IT systems development technologies and solutions within Spain market for us.
This role will require a good balance of IT strategy, enterprise architecture, enterprise level solution envisioning, architecture design, stakeholder management, multi-party collaboration, program delivery participation and hands-on technical leadership capabilities.
- Hands on experience architecture & technology leadership experience
- Excellent leadership, decision making, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with client’s leadership teams such as LOBs heads, CxOs and Chief Architects
- Capability and experience in working in organizational dynamics of a large IT services firms
- Very good documentation and formal specification development skills
- Broad exposure / experience across service oriented systems design, contemporary web channel solutions, large scale distributed systems design and implementation
- Experience in capability development, landscape analysis, portfolio review, technology and architecture decision making and architecture roadmap development
- Experience and knowledge of one of the following domain areas 1) Retail banking 2) Corporate banking 3) Asset and Wealth Management
- Excellent technical knowledge in the below areas:
- EA frameworks, integration & data architecture
- SOA & technologies involved in contemporary SOA (Microservices, API mgmt., Cloud native development and related solution and technology constructs)
- One of the App Server environments in JEE platforms
- Exposure to BPM, Business Rules, Workflows and similar middleware technologies
- Enterprise Java (with familiarity of .NET platform)
- Platform based, framework driven software solutions development
- architecture governance, complexity reduction and technology selection
- NFRs, SLAs, architecture evaluation tools and methods
- Good grasp on multi-channel web technologies and technology stacks based on HTML5 development paradigm
- DevOps concepts and toolchains to be applied
- Good grasp (experience added advantage) of big data technologies and analytics.
- SOA Infrastructure and Platform NFRs
- Financial Industry messaging standards (SWIFT, ISO20022, FIX etc.)
- Some familiarity with DW BI & ETL platforms will be plus
- Exposure to core banking COTS products will be advantage
A seasoned Architect with 16+ years of experience in architecture and solution design with at least 4-5 years in IT Architecture leadership position with in different scopes (enterprise, LOB, Large program etc.).
Must have hands-on experience of definition, developing or implementing an enterprise architecture (not necessarily whole enterprise but at least a segment). Must have experience in leadership role as enterprise solution architect with a team of architects / solution designers
Must have global exposure in terms of customers, solutions, industry and work.
- Relevant Degrees
- Relevant Certifications (if any) – TOGAF, Open Group Certified IT Architect