BayWa r.e. – a forward-looking international company!
Therenewables sector offers unparalleled opportunities for both professional development and the chance to make an active contribution to sustaining our natural environment. BayWa r.e. offers fascinating roles with great prospects in the fields of wind power, solar energy, bio-energy and geothermal energy. Our business activities include trading, project development and realization, consultancy services and technical/commercial operations management. We have positions at our locations in Germany (head office), Europe, Asia, Australia and USA.
Accountant & Controller (m/f)
Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Barcelona/Spain and are currently looking for an Accountant & Controller (m/f)to work in a variety of positions, including (but not exclusively) General Accountancy, Internal Accounting, Controlling Services, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Taxes and Procurement for the financial administration of several companies.
• Prepare the annual and interim financial statements, preparing the Consolidated Financial Statements and reporting required by the German parent company, as well preparation and review of the IFRS reporting packages of the group companies.
• Bookkeeping of the project companies’ transactions (transactions registry, accruals, depreciation, time period adjustments, currency gains/losses, etc.). Prepare monthly reports of balance sheet and economic details, etc.
• Managing the companies’ tax declarations and payments: Corporate tax, VAT (register, periodic filing and refund requests), Real estate tax, Business tax, Energy tax.
• Ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded, Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
• Controlling, business plan creation and supervision; budget review and update for the company portfolio.
• Invoice and Cash Management:Creation and management of invoices, Liquidity Planning, execution and supervision of payments.
• Preparation of financial analysis and different reportings to ourheadquarter, clients and banks.
• Explanation of the accounts- resolving any issues/queries.
• Coordination of the companies’ audit procedures, through direct relationship with the auditors.
• At least 3-4 years of experience in a similar role or in an auditing company.
• Degree in Economics or equivalent culture.
• Deep understanding of Spanish accounting principles andIFRS international accounting standards.
• Good knowledge of the procedure and the mechanisms for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
• Advanced skills in ERPsystems (in particular a3, SAP) and excellent knowledge of the Office package (Excel and Power Point).
• Willingness to meet deadlines on a consistent basis, producing high-quality work regularly.
• Comfortable handling and working with confidential financial information.
We can offer you exciting challenges as part of a team of professionals. Furthermore, the international focus of our company will open up excellent future prospects for you. As an expanding supplier in the renewables sector, we create opportunities for personal and professional development. It practically goes without saying that a friendly and cooperative working environment is part of our company culture. As part of the BayWa r.e. renewable energy network, you will benefit from flat hierarchies with short, fast decision-making channels. Our integration into BayWa AG provides security and the opportunities for further development that you would expect of a company this size.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application including your desired salary and earliest possible starting date - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org