PowerTrunk is looking for a Customer Assistance & Maintenance Services Associate / Technician in Jersey City, integrated within a multidisciplinary technical group and managed by a supervisor, to provide 24×7 support to North American market customers, solve reported incidents, deal with any queries and perform activities related to maintenance services.
- Maintain, modify, service, and upgrade complex systems in accordance with maintenance and service agreements, PowerTrunk company procedures, and product technical specifications / documentation.
- On-site and remote support will be provided for NY customers.
- Remote support for other NA customers (exceptionally, it also may be required to provide on-site support).
- Support activities will be provided on a 24x7 basis, so it will be necessary to work in a rotating shift scheme requiring presence shifts (morning / afternoon during labor days) + non-presence shifts (evening during labor days and the whole day for non-working days).
- Perform periodic and preventive maintenance tasks, both on customers’ installations and remotely, to ensure that equipment continues to perform reliably.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks, both on customers’ installations and remotely, to ensure highest system availability.
- Perform system and equipment updates, including both software and hardware upgrades.
- Perform repair activities (technical and administrative / logistic related tasks).
- Perform assistance support activities, both on customers’ installations and remotely, to provide fast and high-quality customer support for reported incidents and queries. This may include:
- Compilation of information, documentation and technical analysis of reported issues.
- Apply established procedures or develop new solutions to solve technical problems through case management and follow-up on the status of outstanding cases.
- Perform proposals of technical solutions & workarounds to the reported issues (resolution plans) and negotiate them with customers.
- Coordination of related activities and supervision of programmed actions with customers, clients and other PowerTrunk / Teltronic areas.
- Implementation (remote and / or on-site) of workarounds and solutions.
- Communicate with customers and clients (via email, phone, personally or online) to answer their enquiries, understand their technical questions, assess their needs, and suggest or promote alternative products or services.
- Produce technical documentation related to the supported maintenance projects.
- Provide technical training (including the production of associated documentation) to customers on supported products / technologies.
- Support to other company areas (mainly Delivery Projects) for NA market related activities.
Essential skills and experience:
- Associate’s degree (3-years degree) or similar.
- 1-2 years’ experience in radio communications systems and / or mobile telephony:
- Systems and data networks / telephony (TCP / IP, Ethernet, PSTN, ISDN, PBX, SIP, VoIP, etc.).
- Systems and transport network (microwave, PDH, SDH, Optical Fiber, etc.).
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with MS Office suites.
- Team work.
- Communications abilities (customer, clients, other team members, other colleagues within the company, etc.).
- Work under pressure / manage priorities in an efficient way to ensure fast solution to customer demands.
- Problem solving mind in complex decision-making situations.
Desirable skills and experience:
- TETRA & P25 knowledge will be appreciated. Also DMR, LTE or other ratio communication systems & protocols.
- CISCO certifications.
- Case management tools.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Rotating shift scheme, including night shifts and weekends.
- Trips to other NA cities could be required eventually.
- A 'can do' attitude with an ability to solve problems.
- Self-sufficient but responsible and able to assimilate and respect the directed instructions.