GSK is looking for a
Director, Data Product Owner
Director, Data Product Owner
Requisition ID: WD205881
Director, Data Product Owner is accountable for all data capabilities project delivery and business as usual (BAU) support services. He / She needs to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business. Provide roadmap and data architecture guidance for integration of back-office systems including ERP, supply chain/logistics, inventory management, and forecasting/demand-planning and service enablement platforms.
Coordinate with architects and engineers across Tech (e.g. DPE, Platforms) and business owners to translate key strategic objectives into actionable technical solutions & design. Build a strong relationship with key stakeholders and support teams to define, standards, guidelines, and blueprints for the technology roadmap
Business process areas in scope:
- All Research & Development functions
- Commercial and Medical
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to create scalable big data solutions and accelerate enablement of data platform for Vaccines business
- In close collaboration with platform team drive platform strategies and roadmaps for data engineering capability strategy, roadmaps, governance, execution
- Contribute to all applied engineering activities including idea generation, requirements, project planning, frameworks, building roadmap, etc.
- Drive the platform design, engineered systems, and delivery of any data and analytics requirements with all Vaccines business functions
- Publish and enforce technology best practices, configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks to data engineering community
- People Management – Accountable for line managing staff supporting Business Process for Business Unit Tech and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain Business Process knowledge and deep Tech expertise.
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or sciences with relevant experience required.
- 10+ year’s large Biopharmaceutical company in at least one of the following domains: R&D, Manufacturing, RWE, Commercial. Experience required with focus in data analytics, management of variety of data sources, application product development, data quality management, information architecture and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on overall direction of data product management
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience required
- Should be well versed with latest cloud and data management trends, including open source projects, methodologies (connect and collect, hub and spoke, data fabrics, etc.)
- Hands-on knowledge of the Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka, Python, Shell Scripts, etc.
- Experience with solution architecture, design, development, and understanding of data life cycle: data acquisition, data quality management, data governance, and metadata management
- Proven technical ability with a variety of tools and methodologies used to support data engineering, modeling, and visualization, including SQL, Python and R
- Familiarity with ETL, data pipeline development and data cleansing with large-scale, complex data-sets
- Track record in delivering business impact through data and analytics projects
- Experience of vendor management in particular IT/BPO outsourcing and partnerships with Technology startups
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at executive level (e.g. SLT, CIO, Chief Digital Officer)
Please see basic qualifications
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com
Vaccines TECH has the remit to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across Vaccines.
Vaccines TECH is accountable for the design, implementation and support of GSK vaccines digital, data and analytics solutions. Vaccines TECH works with a wide range of partners from inside and outside the healthcare sector to bring new technologies to GSK, enhancing areas such as clinical trials and drug development; improving how we interact with healthcare professionals, customers and consumers; and making internal processes more efficient.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: Director, Data Product Owner, engineering, science, Biopharma, R&D, Manufacturing, RWE, data analytics, Big Data technologies, Management, solution architecture, Directeur, ingénierie, analyse de données, gestion, architecture de solution, Fabrication