GSK is currently looking for a
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager Engineering Department (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD154859
Responsible for advising the company and employees on health and safety legislation and compliance. Develops and implements company policies, plans and professional standards, meeting any changes to legal or operational requirements.
- Certifies the safety of chemical products for placement in company or customer environments.
- Develops site/plant personnel safety programs and trains employees at the plant, develops/teaches hazard avoidance and disease prevention.
- Review facilities and manufacturing processes for potential safety risks.
- Acts as a consultant, reviews facilities and manufacturing processes for potential safety risks.
- Develops and monitors implementation of training and education programs for safety compliance strategies and various regulatory requirements in a manufacturing safety.
- Monitors the adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Monitors the adherence to constructional and operational fire protection regulations.
- Conducts safety studies.
Be a permanent member of the Business Unit (BU) Management Team contributing to the decision-making process and promoting continuous EHS performance improvement. Be the EHS responsible person in the BU.
- Implement all the safety advisers missions, as defined in the Belgian regulations in their organization, under the responsibility of the EHS Director.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the BU Director and to their management team to ensure compliance to GSK standards and Belgium regulations, taking into account the business needs.
- Develop an EHS culture in the BU and the foster the risk ownership by the line management.
- Develop and follow-up the BU EHS improvement plan.
- Seek for expertise in the EHS shared services as appropriate.
- Develop and implement EHS inspection and audit techniques for internal use.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of metrics that monitor and describe short and longer term safety performance and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Identify, investigate and report on compliance breaches, emergencies, serious incidents, injuries.
- Manage the EHS aspects, including loss prevention, of the investment projects in the BU.
- Prepare the BU for and lead in any EHS or loss prevention audits by relevant corporate functions, insurers or regulatory enforcement authorities.
- Contribute to the EHS Belgium Committee and the reunion with unions.
- Drive the EHS relays network.
- University degree of Engineering or Sciences (e.g. Electro-Mechanics, Chemistry).
- Registered safety advisor (training level 1).
- At least 5 years professional experience with at least 3 years in similar business (biotech, pharma, food industry).
- Knowledgeable about safety/ergonomics/industrial hygiene regulations and technologies.
- Demonstrates fluency in spoken and written English as well as French.
- At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities.
- We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
- GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.
- GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Tags: environment, health & safety management, EHS Manager, responsable environnement, santé et sécurité, health legislation, safety legislation, advice, adviser, compliance, companypolicy, legal, operational requirement, certify, certification, hazard, disease prevention, consultant, manufacturing processes, safety risk, regulatory requirement, manufacturing, guideline, fire protection, electro-mechanics, chemistry, industrial hygiene regulations, ergonomics, législation sanitaire, législation de sécurité, conseil, conseiller, conformité, politique de l'entreprise, juridique, exigence opérationnelle, certification, certification, danger, prévention des maladies, consultant, procédés de fabrication, risque de sécurité, exigence réglementaire, fabrication, directive, protection incendie, électromécanique, chimie, réglementation de l'hygiène industrielle, ergonomie