Excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant and experienced FD to join our rapidly expanding Spanish property development business, based in La Cala de Mijas/Alcaidesa. Part of an International Property and Health and Beauty group.
Detailed, accurate and organised, you will be an experienced Spain based FD, fluent in English and Spanish, able to raise finance in Spain, financially control complex property development programmes, produce accurate reporting to strict guidelines and deadlines.
Our sister company in Spain is part of the successful International Fairhomes Group. The Group has property Investment and Development businesses in the UK, USA, Germany, Holland and Gibraltar. The group also owns International Health and Beauty businesses.
The Spanish company is a young business, currently fully funded internally by the group – no external debt. It has, through a small dedicated team, acquired substantial land sites between Malaga and Tarifa at various stages of obtaining residential building licences and is now poised to commence an extensive programme of property development.
Your main responsibilities will include working closely with the CEO and Group head office to negotiate suitable development finance, build the local team and systems and controls, develop local relationships, ensure tight cost control, deliver monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting packs working with the current Finance Manager to also develop your team.
The role will include but is not limited to;
- Leading, with the CEO of our Spanish company, the development of strong banking relationships and put in place finance for the development programme.
- Management of Finance relationship with Group and other stakeholders.
- Recruit, mould and manage the finance team with the Finance Manager.
- Develop internal controls, processes and procedures for the tight financial control of development projects.
- Preparation of a monthly, quarterly and annual reports at project and company level. For internal, Group and bank reporting.
- Manage and control year end audit.
- Liaising with Tax advisors and ensure sound planning and correct accounting.
- Willing to be 'very' hands-on where necessary doing whatever is required to ‘get the job done’.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a history of having delivered successfully at a senior level and be an experienced individual with the necessary gravitas who takes full ownership of and pride in financially managing the business and delivering accurate financial information.
You will be;
- A fully qualified accountant ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Used to producing 100% accurate reports to strict deadlines
- Have experience of raising property finance in Spain
- Have substantial experience of financially managing a property development business
- Detailed, accurate, organised, methodical, structured
- Driven by attention to detail and getting 100% accuracy
This is a high-profile job playing a leading role in the creation of a high-quality property development business in Southern Spain.
Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications. To apply please email your CV, a covering letter outlining why you think you fit this role and details of salary expectation (all in English)
Please check out our Privacy Statement at http://oceanvillage.gi/terms-conditions/
Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications