GSK is looking for a
Health Economics Senior Manager (Neisseria) (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD160354
- As an important member of the Neisseria Health Economics (HE) team you will be expected to handle Neisseria HE models from the development and adaptation point of view to ensure successful market access.
- You will be closely working with the Neisseria team members, local operations, regions and also across functions.
- You will lead the Neisseria HE work-stream for model development and model adaptation, take initiatives autonomously in evidence generation activities and contribute to the strategy of the asset with HE value proposition and messages.
- In exchange we will help you achieve your career aspirations with professional development opportunities on your career path.
Develop the core HE evidences for Neisseria/Meningococcal vaccine program:
- Lead data collection and literature reviews (including critical assessment).
- Develop, use and populate new and existing HE models.
- Lead HE studies (cost-of-illness studies, utility assessment, database analysis, patients chart review, Delphi panel, etc.).
- Write and coordinate the internal review of the HE evidences deliverables (Exploratory & preclinical economic value assessment, HE plan, value pack, HE part of access dossier).
Present the HE evaluations to various internal and external stakeholders including:
- Medical affairs, pricing, epidemiology, commercial, governmental affairs, local operations, regions.
- HTA agencies, experts in vaccination, congresses audiences, scientific journals audience.
- Review and execute country-specific adaptations of HE evaluations to meet the country specific needs which will demonstrate the value of the vaccine, obtain recommendations and reimbursement.
- Build regional Health Outcomes team’s capabilities on Neisseria to coordinate the best HE Evidence solutions to the local operations, from need assessment to input data collection and above country studies on strategically relevant fields.
- Drive HE rationale behind the Value Proposition.
- Contribute to lifecycle management as part of the brand’s Scientific Evidence and Access Stream.
- Identification of annual budget needs and effective budget management for disease area.
- Support the development of HE scientific publications (congress abstracts and papers).
- University degree in Economics, Statistics or Biology.
- Preferred Level of Education: Masters or PhD in relevant discipline (e.g. HE, Epidemiology, Health Services research, Biostatistics, Engineering, Public Health or Medicine).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Health Economist function.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (with internal stakeholders, vendors, local operations).
- Ability to communicate complex materials in a clear manner to different audiences as appropriate, both in speaking and in writing.
- Practical experience in model adaptations.
- Competent user of at least one of the modelling softwares and agility to further learn as necessary (e.g. TreeAge, Matlab, R, @Risk, Visual Basic).
- Advanced computer skills for MS Office applications.
- We emphasize the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
- Experience in infectious diseases and/or vaccine HE is considered as an asset.
- Languages beyond English are desirable.
- Author of at least one publication.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we’re looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasize the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: economy, economics, manager, management, planning and strategy, statistics, biology, epidemiology, health service, biostatistics, engineer, engineering, public health, medicine, economie, planning en strategie, statistiek, biologie, epidemiologie, gezondheidszorg, biostatistiek, ingenieur, engineering, volksgezondheid, geneeskunde, économie, gestionnaire, gestion, planification et stratégie, statistiques, biologie, épidémiologie, service de santé, biostatistique, ingénieur, ingénierie, santé publique, médecine