Reporting to:HR Business Partner
Full Time, permanent role
Location: Granada, Spain
Anticipated start date: This role is available from 1st January 2019
This role is available from 1st January 2019.
The role of HR Advisor is an excellent opportunity for an HR professional to gain international experience by joining our global HR team, headquartered in the UK. Based in Granada, the HR Advisor will work closely with the local HR Business Partner and the wider HR team, this role will be responsible for advising employees and managers, in person and remotely to deliver HR initiatives and processes. This is an exciting opportunity to develop key HR Business Partner skills within a fast paced, global environment.
Prior international experience is advantageous but not essential, as training and support will be given.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Be the key contact for the local employees in Spain, as well as several other southern European offices. This could include Slovenia, Portugal, Croatia, Lebanon, Turkey, Greece, and Italy. This will be in conjunction and with the support of the HR Business Partner, also located in Granada.
* Be responsible for HR administrative tasks for the designated countries, including letters, benefit administration, and managing employee files.
* Provide consistent support to managers and employees throughout the employee lifecycle in line with local law and SDL Company policies, taking advice from the global HR Centres of Excellence
* Support the HR team in executing efficient and effective HR processes, policies and projects that contribute to the efficiency and productivity of the organization
* Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, liaising with external lawyers where necessary
* Provide operational support to directors, managers and employees on core HR processes and policies, including salary planning, performance management, and learning and development plans.
* Manage the on-boarding process from start to finish for new employees, including creating offers & contracts, liaising with IT to request equipment and access, and conducting inductions
* Working closely with the finance team and payroll provider to ensure that employees are paid correctly and any changes have been processed and communicated.
* Responsible for maintaining and updating accurate employee data held in the HR Information System.
* Gather and analyse information that allows the HRBP team to monitor the progress and success of core HR solutions
* Participate in new initiatives and projects ad-hoc as required to support the HR Business Partner
* Provide various HR reports as required by internal customers
The Successful Candidate
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to work collaboratively, and show flexibility and adaptability. You will be a motivated proactive individual, who has demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to adapt and deal with change. You will be a strong communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships at all levels within an organisation, driving the culture and ethos of collaboration and quality. Good organisational skills, initiative, and the ability to multi task are key to this role.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* 2-5 years relevant HR experience
* Proven generalist experience gained at HR Advisor level
* Strong knowledge of Employment Law and payroll process
* Thorough understanding of HR processes and the ability to apply business policies
* Competent user of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a good standard
* Previous experience of using HRIS systems, or equivalent. Experience with Salesforce would be advantageous.
* Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience of working within a fast paced, multi-site and global organisation
* Ability to motivate, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals
* Prior experience working in or supporting locations outside of Spain
* Knowledge and/or exposure to other European employment practices
* Experience in facilitating employee training
SDL (LSE: SDL) is the leader in global content management and language solutions. With more than 20 years of experience, SDL helps companies build relevant digital experiences that deliver transformative business results on a global scale. Seventy-nine of the top 100 global brands trust SDL to simplify the complexity of managing content across multiple brands, websites, languages, and devices. Go global faster with SDL. Learn more at SDL.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
The place of work for this vacancy will be:
C/Andrés Segovia nº 53 4º planta, 18008, Granada, SPAIN