The British Embassy in Spain is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Investment Adviser to join the Department for International Trade Team (DIT).
The jobholder will assist the Head of Inward Investment promoting the UK to Spanish companies as the most attractive location for inward investment and by providing them with relevant information and contacts to assist their investment. The role involves identifying relevant market and business opportunities, providing information on the UK market, relevant contacts and planning and managing events which promote the UK offer.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead generation: Research and identify companies that could be interested in establishing a presence in the UK matching their expertise to opportunities in the UK market with a particular focus on the pillars of the Industrial Strategy, Tech & Clean Growth;
- Respond to general and sector specific enquiries;
- Support event management for initiatives which promote Spanish business in the UK (such as networking events, meeting programmes, senior officials’ visits and commercial missions), including: activity planning, liaising with partner organisations and sponsors, researching/negotiating with suppliers, budget monitoring, managing invitations and replies, providing support on-site and developing PR/social media activity;
- Develop an account management approach and maintain commercial databases with relevant, up-to-date information;
- Accompany inward missions and attend international trade events representing the team and supporting Spanish inward investors (currently virtual format due to Covid-19);
- Monitor and assess the impact of support provided to Spanish companies and keep a record of results that contribute to the team’s targets;
- Produce and publish relevant content on the team’s digital and social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn), in line with our communications strategy;
- Carry out other administrative tasks and provide cover and assistance to the team leader and other colleagues when required.
To apply please follow this linkhttps://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/12878-Investment-Adviser-ESP20-370/en-GB
Only applications submitted through the FCDO platform will be considered valid.