Quality HR Solutions
Are you a passionate Java Developer looking for a new opportunity with great career prospects?
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Java developer based in Barcelona to join the R&D team of a leading digital marketing company working with top retail and fashion brands. You will help build enhancements to, and be part of new feature development on our product stack.
Our Client has built a SaaS retail marketing platform. It delivers 60 billion personalised customer interactions and 7 million email campaigns annually. They are proud to work with global brands like House of Fraser, Levi’s, Waterstones and many more.
You will be independent, able to work efficiently with minimum supervision and with a high degree of self-motivation. A problem solver who can think ‘outside-the-box’ to find ways around issues, who has a detail oriented approach with a hawkish eye for detail. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal are essential for success this role.
- Coding backend core Java applications (Java 7/8, Spring, Ant, JUnit)
- Using git for source control
- Working as part of an Agile (Scrum) team (including Paired Programming, TDD and BDD).
- STMP protocol and the JavaMail API.
- Working and safely integrating with legacy Java code including raw types.
You will deliver the strategic insight, consulting expertise and thought leadership that enables digital marketing innovation and growth for our customers. You will be a trusted advisor for both internal and external customers delivering high value, impactful consulting engagements informed by a deep understanding of the business forces, trends and requirements that impact our customers’ businesses and strategic objectives.
A Typical Day Will Involve
- The build and maintenance of the backend codebase of our platform – a series of Java applications.
- Working closely with architects, product managers and other squads to build new product features.
- Reviewing/refactoring the codebase to ensure optimal performance of the platform.
- Writing unit tests to improve the test suite and ultimately the code deployed.
- Some production support every now and then, particularly during monthly code releases.
`Quality HR Solutions´
T: + 34 93 451 64 82 www.wodker.com F: + 34 93 396 9018