Tessa International School (Tessa) is a premier international school (early years and primary school), which opened in 2017 in Hoboken, NJ (by Manhattan, NY). It offers a world-class education based on the most successful international models, and includes Spanish and French full immersion tracks.
Tessa’s mission is to prepare children to become world citizens, leaders, and happy individuals, who, as they grow up, embrace global opportunities with enthusiasm, confidence, and a strong desire to make a difference.
The Spanish Kindergarten Head Teacher will open the first Kindergarten class of Tessa International School, with approx. 15 students. S/He will implement the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum Framework as well as the Spanish national curriculum.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, preferably from the Spanish State
- Teaching experience in the Early Years, preferably in the IB-PYP Program
- Experience in an Immersion/Bilingual classroom
- Native speaker of Spanish
- Fluent in English
- Be nurturing, and provide a respectful and caring learning environment
- is an excellent communicator
- is passionate about all aspects of teaching
- is global in outlook and belief
- is intellectually curious and open
- is a doer
- is hard working and efficient
- is passionate about educational research and best practices and about implementing them
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in English.