We are looking for a Junior Accountant with Portuguese to provide support to the financial department in a leading multinational company in the pharmaceutical sector.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Experience with SAP is highly valuable.
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
- High level of Portuguese, Spanish and English