Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our industry leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research to clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and meaningful impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join the team with unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others.
How will you make an impact?
The Health Care Content Technical Sales Specialist [HCC TSS] will concentrate on growing our Health Care Content business: COVID19 solution as well as expanding new sales into emerging infectious disease markets across a broad range of customer segments. The Health Care Content Technical Sales Specialist should be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of selling into clinical diagnostic market and Reference Labs. This role serves both as a sales role plus a technical resource for the customers across the territory as well as across a highly matrixed sales organization. To be fully effective, the HCC TSS understands the quantitative PCR, and with working knowledge of next generation sequencing and microarrays. The Health Care Content Technical Sales Specialist will be responsible for attaining sales quota and developing high level relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL’s), with the purpose of making these engagements successful as positive references. As a member of a matrix organization, it is important to have good communications and alignment with the local district sales teams and business partners within Thermo Fisher.
What will you do?
• Develop and manages an annual Territory Plan and quarterly business plans to meet or exceed financial goals to be shared across our selling matrix. Utilize product and application knowledge across our genetic analysis portfolio to successfully apply consultative and strategic selling presentations.
• Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges to provide solutions best positioned to address clinical customer needs.
• Focus on high growth areas and markets, key applications to drive open array-based projects into new emerging markets.
• Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management and sales tracking through the use of Sales Forcel system and other designated IT tools.
• Regularly utilize analytics tools and CRM’s to drive territory success and achieve plan.
• Assess sales team training needs and provide market feedback and product development input to internal business partners.
How will you get there?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Minimum 3-5+ years of sales experience in Life Sciences (highly preferred) or similar Field Application Support.
• Located within the defined geography of the territory
• Minimum of 50% travel expected by car, train & airplane
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Must have scientific consulting acumen -demonstrates extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies and applications
• Ability to accurately cost projects and speak to workflow advantages to create ROI with the customers and sales colleagues
• Accomplished sales skills and can speak to competitive technologies, demonstrate value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.