The Regional Sales Manager, Cable Europe is responsible for selling Harmonic’s Cable Access solution portfolio in the Southern European region and for building the regional and local GTM strategies. A main focus in the region is Tier 1 accounts, e.g. Altice Group. This involves developing and maintaining relationships with senior level business and technical executives and showing them the benefits of deploying multi-gigabit services with the CableOS solution. The role reports to the Europe Cable Sales team.
This is a complex solution sale and relationship management position that requires understanding customer's business and technology environment. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop market leadership in the region
- Develop a direct relationship with major accounts
- Manage and develop the direct sales strategy aligned to the Harmonic Go-To-Market model and strategy
- Develop and implement long term customer account plans and short/medium term opportunity plans in support of company goals and quota objectives
- Qualifying and closing new cable opportunities with strategic key accounts in the given territory
- Primary Point of Contact responsible for overall customer relationship
- Penetrating strategic key accounts and growing long-term successful relationships
- Align and prioritize efforts based on company’s target initiatives to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction for target account(s)
- Builds and maintains knowledge base of Harmonic’s cable access solution and services to adequately support the assigned market sector(s)
- Understand, articulate and document the business and technical needs of the assigned major account(s)
- Effectively and appropriately engage sales resources – technical pre-sales, product management, program management, partners, executive team and legal – and coordinate internal and external participation in tactical and strategies initiatives
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- Respond to RFI/RFPs, creating proposals, developing ROI and TCO analysis
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry news and trends, products, services, and competitors
- Represent Harmonic and promotes positive image and brand during relevant industry events
- Achieve & exceed the agreed sales and profit targets for the Harmonic’s business within the defined customer and/or territory.
- Develop and maintain account plans to ensure clear actions are agreed to achieve set targets.
- Identify opportunities and submit for qualification.
- Ensure that qualified opportunities are developed
- Ensure that bids and/or proposals are delivered for qualified opportunities
- Close the sale with a signed contract/order including support
- Maintain and keep updated sales pipeline/forecast tools.
- Regular activity report as agreed with appropriate management.
- Own the on-going commercial relationship between Harmonic and identified customers.
- Build effective relationship & networks at all levels within the customer organisation to achieve high level of intelligence and planning.
- Organise time and tasks to optimise number of visits to the customer.
- Implementing the sales strategy in the defined market.
- Develop sales to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Provide customer feedback into the organisation in an organised manner
- Support the sales management in defining the midrange (1-3 years) performance outlook
- Develop relationship with key end-user influencers and consultants to maximize sales.
- Understand and keep updated with the relevant Harmonic product and solutions offerings.
- Negotiate contractual and commercial terms & conditions.
- Support local event and tradeshows
- Qualifying bids and pricing requests, clearly communicating this to marketing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of sales and profit budget
- Net sales to identified accounts
- Number of key qualified projects identified and delivered
- Number of end-user and/or channel partner engagements
- Forecasting accuracy
- Funnel growth and development
Qualifications and Experience required
- Representing and embodying the sales organizations values of: Individual Leadershipwith accountability, commitment to goals and ability to mobilize for success; Customer Advocacy with the ability to listen to the customer to gain insight and then orchestrate solutions; Team Representation with the ability to lead, collaborate and then accelerate the team to success
- Demonstrable experience in a regional sales management role acquired in the cable access market
- Understanding of and ability to succinctly articulate the current strategic needs of Harmonic’s customers in the nominated accounts
- Significant market contacts, technical knowledge and experience selling cable access solutions with target account(s)
- Proven background in developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Experience in closing large technology deals
- Proven track record and comprehension of the latest principles, methods and processes for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products and services in target market sectors
- Knowledge of practical applications and relevant engineering technologies including principles, techniques, procedures, and competitive benefits of Harmonic’s cable access products and solutions
- Knowledge of strategic value proposition required to offer solutions and support geared toward substantive customer satisfaction levels.
- Influence and Negotiation
- Business Acumen & Business Analytics: Pipeline/forecast management and ability to articulate business case
- Cable Access knowledge and proven sales experience
- Verbal: Must have executive presence and clear communication skills (internal/external)
- Persuasion: Capability of persuading others to accept product/solution concepts that may differ from their initial perspectives
- Judgment and Decision Making: Mitigate Harmonic’s risk, manage expenses, comprehension of the relative liabilities and benefits of potential actions, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Consultative Sales: Must exhibit ability to effectively comprehend, analyze, and resolve sales situations within the construct of the typical and newly developed strategic accounts
- Language: English language plus any other language in the target region
- Interpersonal Skills: Must demonstrate a high EQ and have the ability to maintain constructive, assertive, collaborative and cooperative working relationships with peers and cross functional organizations
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge: Must keep up-to-date with technical, operational, and commercial aspects of Harmonic’s products, services and solutions and knowledge of external best in class marketing solutions and approaches
- Creativity: Develop creative tactical sales positioning and solution selling methods to suit demanding sales situations
- Software Tool and Programs: Use of Harmonic’s standardized applications to optimize the execution of deliverables
- BS / BA. MBA desired. A minimum of 7 years of related experience within the market sectors and accounts targeted required
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to travel extensively to work on challenging client opportunities