Sales Manager Iberia for the Industrial Sector, specially in sealed solutions and industrial gaskets
Detalles del cliente
Multinational leader in sealed solutions and industrial gaskets
Descripción de la oferta
- To deliver a targeted level of revenue & margin from the Regions customer base.
- Specific growth targets will also be applicable for 'innovative' products
- To take the lead role in the development and implementation of the Regions sales strategy and ensure that efforts are targeted towards achievement of the overall Company sales strategy.
- To ensure an efficient, consistent and proactive commercial service is given to all customers.
- To take responsibility for the commercial integrity of customer relationships and engagements.
- To continuously manage and develop regional and distributor accounts.
- To continuously develop technical specification knowledge and generate awareness and customer interest of the Company brand through face-to-face meetings and technical discussions.
- To take the lead in finding and converting new potential accounts in the Region.
- To actively promote the technical advantages and technical training offerings of the company.
- Build relationships with all major end-user customers and distributors in the Region and recommend new opportunities for the Company to pursue.
- To develop, manage and deliver the Regions sales plan to ensure the Company achieves its defined business targets.
- Winning and negotiating new and existing contracts through cold calling and customer visits.
- Visit customers to obtain information, provide advice and help solve problems of a commercial and technical nature.
- To identify and deliver new opportunities for the Company's key product offerings in the Region.
- To identify opportunities for growing the business profitably and set agreed tactics to deliver these to the business.
- To take direct responsibility for managing the Region's external customer accounts.
- To directly manage the Regions external sales activities to ensure the Company achieves its defined business targets.
- Achieve a minimum of eight, effective, end-user sales calls per week.
- Promote new and innovative sealing solutions to customers.
- Offer specific solutions for specific customer problems and ensure that the correct products are being offered.
- To ensure all sales reporting is submitted appropriately and on time.
- Attend conferences as appropriate and, on occasion, deliver technical papers.
- Attend joint sales visits with the Company's key distributors to end-user customers.
- To provide timely and professional documentation of activities and results against the agreed schedule of objectives.
- Accountability for achieved margin levels on orders.
- To strive for continued performance improvement and the highest standards of sales professionalism at all times.
- To represent the Company as an ambassador for the business and to be held in the highest regard in terms of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Other duties within your scope which are deemed necessary by the business in order for you to effectively complete the job.
Key Sales Management Tasks
- To manage the day to day activities of any distributors in the Region.
- To take the lead in development and implementation of the Region's sales strategy.
- Ensure that the agreed Company sales strategy is followed by all distributors in the region.
- To set specific targets for any distributors in the region.
- To ensure that leads are followed up.
- To increase the level of specification sales through increased customer visits, campaigns, training programmes, exhibitions and the like.
Key Performance Indicators
- Delivery of budgeted levels of revenue & margin by customer & product group as defined in the annual business plan.
- The achievement of agreed business objectives aligned against business strategy.
- Total annual enquiry, quote, order and specifically margin targets per customer & product group as defined in the annual business plan.
- The number/value of new accounts introduced.
- Setting personal and business objectives.
- Setting distributor performance objectives.
- Contribute to long-term business strategy.
Perfil del candidato
Required experience / skills for the role:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three year's experience in a field based sales role, ideally selling to industrial locations.
Have experience of managing and motivating distributors in a sales environment.
- Must have experience of setting sales and delivering objectives.
- Must have experience of delivering sales strategy.
- Must have specific experience of selling into some of the primary target markets of the role.
- Must have experience of working successfully to set targets.
- Must have experience of negotiating large contracts.
- Experience of making sales presentations.
- Demonstrate history of contract wins.
- Must be computer literate.
Desirable experience for the role:
- The ideal candidate will have specific experience of selling through distribution.
- Knowledge of the sealing process and of how the Company's products work would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of selling technical / engineered solutions or an engineering background would also be advantageous.
- Appropriate sales training would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate is likely to have a degree in an Engineering discipline such as Mechanical Engineering and will have excellent communication skills for what will be a very customer-facing role.
- Fluency in the Region and English language is essential.
- Other European languages would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven negotiation skills, influential with strong presence.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Customer focused, solutions provider.
- Exceptional self-motivation, energy and drive.
- Team player.
- Proven ability to network to the highest effect internally and within the industry
- Highly developed commercial acumen.
- Ability to absorb and use complex information pertaining to engineered products and customer applications in diverse markets.
Summary of Capabilities / Competencies
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in engineering/scientific discipline.
- Natural presence and domain expertise.
- Systematic, methodical operator.
- Empathic and culturally sensitive communicator.
- Leader and enthusiastic manager.
- Relationship builder and manager.
Summary of Behavioral Capabilities / Competencies
- Demonstrable presence.
- Commercial acumen.
- Problem solver and innovator.
- Fluent communicator (in English as well as regional language).
- Structured planner and organizer.
- Natural customer service obsessive.
- Team worker.
- Achievement orientated and competitive.
Oferta de empleo
Oportunidades de carrera y desarrollo profesional