GSK is looking for a
SAP Application Technical Expert (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD197998
- Application Technical Expert in SAP Systems is able to advice on technical solutions for supporting business processes and to design them. The design must be based on SAP development GSK Vaccines best practices and standards in order to maximize standardization and simplification.
- Application Technical Expert in SAP Systems is also able to develop, test and document SAP applications according to the provided design and functional specifications with respect of agreed planning, GSK Vaccines SAP development standards and GSK Vx change management procedure.
- SAP Application Technical Expert will work in a highly controlled environment and will make use of agile practices where applicable with high expectations in terms of quality.
- The Application Technical Expert will advise on architecture of SAP application based on GSK Vaccines best practices and standards.
- The Application Technical Expert will design the development architecture of SAP application based on GSK Vaccines best practices and standards.
- The application design will be done in order to maximize standardization and simplification.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to challenge the functional specifications with respect to SAP rules and best practices.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to develop new / maintain existing SAP functionalities / applications based on functional specifications given by the business analyst and architecture given by the Application Technical Expert.
- The development will be done in order to maximize standardization and simplification.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to write the technical program documentation in English.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to do unit testing of the code that he/she has developed.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to deliver in a timely manner SAP ABAP code according to the GSK Vaccines SAP development standards and GSK Vx change management procedure.
- For planning purposes, the Application Technical Expert is able to estimate the effort required to develop the code which is requested to him/her.
- The Application Technical Expert will work closely as a team with the SAP functional analysts and SAP Architecture Lead.
- The Application Technical Expert is able to work with the functional and/or business testers to reproduce issues and he/she will investigate and fix them.
- Any web language
- Any SAP functional skills are welcome.
- Ability to speak and write in French is a plus.
- Experience in different SAP Netweaver Platforms & Technologies, with functional analysis and technical implementation.
- Must have extensive experience with ABAP and ABAP Objects (object oriented methodology).
- Must have experience with SAP printing tools (SapScript, SmartForm and Adobe Form), ABAP WebDynpro, Workflow & Xml.
- Quality minded.
- Right first time mindset.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Strong analytical capability driven by standardization and simplification.
- Good team player.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
The Information and Management Systems provides a vital business foundation that enables all of our employees to communicate, collaborate and achieve more through the application of the very latest technologies. In addition to developing better ways of working, the IT team also delivers a comprehensive day-to-day support service to all staff members.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.