British company is looking for a Senior Development Manager that with lead the project team to ensure the delivery of developments from acquisition through to handover to the operations team, in accordance with the agreed budget and programme.
Our client is a global developer, retailer and operator of market-leading property investment brands.
From site acquisition through to design and development and management of a building, they control every
aspect of their property investments.
Reporting to the Development Director, your key duties will be to:
· Perform strategic planning exercises and multiple scheme appraisals
· Liaise with acquisitions team as required to provide technical input into site appraisal;
· Assemble the project team; identify and appoint suitable consultants as required to develop the
design in accordance with the company's aspirations;
· Develop and submit planning application where required;
· Commission surveys and reports as necessary to suit requirements of planning application;
· Establish clear set of project goals; sequence activities to meet delivery dates;
· Identify project stakeholders and determine needs and expectations; liaise as necessary to ensure
programme constraints are maintained.
· Identify requirements for Section agreements; liaise with local authorities and other stakeholders as
necessary and consider strategic risks associated with same;
· Identify works required to discharge planning conditions; monitor progress and coordinate
submission of information to discharge conditions;
· Monitor development of cost plan; highlight opportunities for value engineering;
· Develop the procurement strategy to suit site constraints, programme, etc.;
· Identify techniques for quality control and develop quality plan;
· Map risks, identify contingency actions and develop risk plan;
· Implement project plans to build deliverables;
· Monitor and control project deliverables; manage time-lines;
· Manage costs and report as necessary;
· Suggest and implement modifications to project scope, deliverables, time-lines and resources;
· Prepare and present project status reports to stakeholders;
· Manage Internal Design Team workloads and objectives as necessary, in accordance with project
and business requirements;
The successful candidate may accomplish the following requirements:
Ideally University Degree or equivalent qualification in construction management, surveying or
Very fluent in english.
· Experience delivering projects in excess of £25M construction value;
· Experience of residential / student / hotel development preferable;
· At least 10 years experience delivering projects;
· Experience gained working for a developer would be preferable;
· Experience delivering projects under Design & Build contracts and the contract administration