Ubisoft Barcelona,part of Ubisofts international network of production studios, has developed for over 20years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises:Tom Clancys Ghost Recon, Assassins Creed, Tom Clancys Rainbow SixSiegeorStar Trek: Bridge Crewon VR
The team is currently working on theTom Clancys Rainbow Six SiegeLive Game, BeyondGood & Evil 2 and Assassin's Creed.Job Description
The Senior UX Designer participates in the conception and production of the user experience of the game. To achieve this goal, he/she will work under the guidelines of the Team Lead UX/UI and will collaborate in the delivery of intuitive and user-centered design solutions to complex problems. He/she will work with a small team of UX designers and UI artists, and will participate in the functional production of the menus and user interfaces of the game. He/she will also be directly involved in the design of player inputs, game controls and character handling. His/her knowledge of usability and ergonomic will help create a world class user experience and provide input across different gaming platforms (console and PC).
He/she will work in close cooperation with Gameplay Programmers, UI Artists, UI programmers, Game Designers and Sound Designers.
- The main and usual functions of this position are to:
- Design logic, layout, and flow of all in game User Interface including: HUD, Menus, and Lobby
- Assure that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces and feedback to guarantee an optimal accessibility and fluidity of the game
- Advise and work closely with game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Create iterative user-centered prototyping (i.e. from wireframes & paper prototypes, to clickable models & functioning systems)
- Follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution of the user experience and design in compliance with the specifications
- Create the best layout pattern and how user is to interact with each UI/UX component
- Work closely with artists to determine presentation of UI, signs and feedback
- Work closely with Sound Design team to determine efficient audio feedback
- Provide programmers with clear specifications of UI/UX components
- Ensure experiential consistency and quality across all platforms and features.
- 5 years of relevant experience (Senior Game Designer. UX Designer. UI Designer. Industrial Designer or Ergonomist);
- Console, web and mobile gaming experience are a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have:
- Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design;
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Ability to work within a continuous flow environment- able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively;
- Experience with prototyping tools like Sketch, Axure, etc...
- Execution of Information Architecture, wireframes, prototypes and graphical style guides;
- Strong understanding of Human-Computer interaction;
- Strong English communication and presentation skills;
- Understand the components of todays games ecosystem (monetization, e-sports, etc.);
- Ability to analyze User Research, and feedback and implement conclusions into the iterations;
- Be able to give guidelines and feedback on UI Art.
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc...)
- Experience with commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc...)
Candidates must provide some sort of portfolio/demo reel.