Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) operates International Business Exchange (IBX) data centres offering businesses a place to reliably run their operations and securely exchange critical information in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Every day, without compromise, the people who control the world's most valued information assets place their trust in us, leveraging our insight, expertise and world-class service to protect and connect what matters to them most--their information.
We make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who flourish with solving difficult problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Work with us and shape the future of cloud and enterprise connectivity at one of the fastest growing technology companies. If you want to play a part in building a historically significant company, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a South Leader Warehouse Support
What is the role about?
Responsible for ensuring a safe & efficient management of goods stored and distributed for Equinix and its customers in the GEM-South Datacentres (IBXs).
Responsible for the prioritization, fulfillment, and quality assurance of time-bound ticket-driven requests to include: Shipping, receiving, storage, inspection, and delivery within the IBXs
Your Principal Job Responsibilities Will Be
Shipping & Receiving
- Leads the Warehouse Specialists in their fulfillment of day to day activities, issues resolution
- Ensures deliveries and receiving are performed in accordance with Equinix policies and processes
Materials and Stock
- Oversees stock inventories and pays attention to potential hazardous material presence
- Oversees consumables inventory, critical spares according to project plans and budget, flagging in advance any issue
Health and Safety
- Ensures the team works within the guidelines of the Equinix Environmental & Health and Safety policies
- Is responsible for warehouse audits and quality assurance of IBX shipping, receiving, storage, inspection and delivery processes
- Develops a regional strategy that meets the business objectives of Equinix whilst ensuring customer satisfaction
- Plans and / or implements improvements to internal or external logistics systems, processes and technology
- Maintains and monitors minimum / maximum stock to prescribed levels
- Resolves complex problems and escalates relevant issues to management
- Produces ad hoc reports and KPIs to relevant stakeholders
- Is the subject matter expert (SME) on all logistics topics
- Acts as the regional POC for all stakeholders, incl. the Procurement team
- Supports a collaborative, transparent, and entrepreneurial culture, in tandem with the regional leadership team
- Works with operations employees across GEM-South to reach goals
- Uses initiative to resource and support operational needs
- Simplifies, standardizes and automates. Avoids bespoke solutions at all costs
Who are you?
Leadership characteristics of the role
- Was exposed to matrix type of organization, global environments
- Demonstrates and instills the Equinix culture and values
- Demonstrates influencing skills to achieve solutions and dealing with challenging stakeholder situations
- Experience in working with virtual and multicultural teams
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong background in logistics related topics
- Experience in working in critical infrastructures and processes
- Experience in implementing improvements to logistics systems or processes
- Familiar with software packages and database interfaces
- Experience in working with customers and vendor relationship management
Skills and Attributes
- Focus on execution and results – establishing high standards for performance, setting goals and developing plans, following through and being accountable for results
- Ability to provide expertise, think strategically and effectively communicate progress of projects/initiatives
- Strong ethos of documentation and standardization
- Fluent written and spoken English, allowing proper communication with all internal and external stakeholders
What We Offer
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
A competitive salary and a company culture, that values commitment, respect and fun at work.
Want to learn more or apply?
Check YouTube to discover who we are and what we do.