Cognizant, Top Employer 2018 is requiring a seasoned Engineer with ample expertise as a Tech Referent for a Team Leader/Tech Lead role. This position will put you involved in an international project and interacting with teams across Europe, this is a big opportunity to be involved with a relevant project and provide your leadership and expertise in Software Development, This role is based in Valladolid, Spain and will require some travel to the UK or Amsterdam.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide technical guidance and governance for software delivery.
- Support, define or advise over defining architecture according customer requirements and Senior Technical leaders.
- Drive the architecture and design of the solutions in scope. This may be in collaboration with the team
- Support alongside w/QA Team in testing definition (functional testing).
- Ensure and oversee software developments that is secure by design as well as performance and cost effective.
- Provide team leadership and mentor new joiners or associate and senior associate developers
- Provide alongside developers code reviews, provide solutions for coding w/high complexity
- Be the Owner in delivery tasks as needed. The UK teams, reporting directly to team leaders in Madrid, will own many tasks.
- Help the non-technical members of the project team understand the constraints and benefits of any given technical solution. Provide guidance and advice as needed.
- Ensure the team take full advantage of Micro-service, Cloud, server less (where relevant) and supporting modern technologies.
- Evaluating releasing, technology and techniques by developing working proofs of concept.
- Provide reporting to Delivery Partners and communication with PO, Scrum, Architects and Developer team.
- Agile feature backlog grooming
- System writing and functional documentation would be required.
- Keep close contact with all stakeholders and travel if needed
- Support Competency Leader o RFP’s
- Experience as Team Leader/Technical Lead or solid Senior Software Engineer with expertise on Back End or Front End developments.
- Skilled in Java (J2EE or Java 8)
- Skilled in Spring (Boot, MVC, Frameworks)
- Experience in Unitary Testing
- Cloud Experience
Desirable brings experience in Front End side:
- AngularJS or Angular 6,7
- SCRUM or Agile Minset
The role is focused for someone Full Stack (Desirable but not limited)
- Double Nationals are welcome (European Passport)