- The Technical Manager will lead mission critical development teams both internally and externally delivering projects for a global customer base.
- Full autonomy over technical architecture and project decisions
- Our client is a unique international business with a firm client base that is truly the leader its field
- Thier technology really does change the world
- Manage internal and external teams of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Functional Analysts and Systems Engineers with the Project Manager.
- Work alongside the Project Manager to stir the project from a technical point of view, provide the software development effort estimates and tracking of the delivery.
- Control the technical architecture and take technical project decisions.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert that evaluates with third parties.
- Identify, escalate and find solution to address technical risks with the Project Manager.
- Assigns tasks to the members of the Technical Team.
- Perform hands-on activities if and when needed.
- Validate requirements, contribute to their definition from a technical point of view.
- Travel to participate in software deployment, operational tasks, requirement gathering phases…
- Autonomous, technical leader with good interpersonal skills allowing him/her to lead by example, inspire, empower and identify strength in people
- Experience in working with external providers, software factories and talent in house (Contractors).
- Advanced/Proficient spoken and written English. Other languages, in particular French, a plus.
- University degree in computer science, or equivalent level.
- At least 3 years in a similar position.
- Experience with Java (J2SE, JEE).
- In-depth knowledge of Java-related tools: Eclipse, maven and git.
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Experience in Database design.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of QA processes and tools.
- Experience working with open source tools, libraries and products.
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Glassfish, or other J2EE container.
- Knowledge of data access applications development (SQL, JDBC). Oracle DB and MongoDB are preferred, though knowledge on other databases is welcome.
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer or QA Engineer.
- Knowledge of scrum or other development methodology.
- Knowledge of cryptograph (PKI, PKCS) will be a plus.
- Extra points for Knowledge of Python and related development frameworks, like Django, or other scripting languages.
- System Administration skills at any level.
- €45000 - 55000 Basic Salary and a competitive benefits package
45.000,00 € - 55.000,00 € /año